The minimum services have been established for the nursing strike that will start on December 12, and is indefinite, and the staff are on strike in the primary care and hospital centers of the Catalan Institute of Health calling for th 12, 13, December 15 and 20. The strikes were called by various unions and the essential services are as follows:
The assistance of centers and establishments belonging to SISCAT must guarantee:
- The normal functioning of the emergency service, the care of outpatients and the care of patients admitted to emergency observation units.
- The normal functioning of special units: intensive care unit, intensive care unit, coronary unit, hemodialysis unit, neonatology…
- Radiotherapy and chemotherapy treatments in urgent and necessary situations.
- The operation cannot be postponed.
- While admitted, each patient must have their right to be treated respected.
- In out-of-hospital care centers, urgent care is provided during normal hours at each center. This service will be provided by 25% of the staff.
- The normal functioning of the COVID-19 circuit of care.
- The cleaning service will continue normal activities in the high-risk areas.
- Food for all admitted patients.
- Cleaning and hospitality services should be guaranteed.
- Medical transportation for all health emergencies, oncological, dialysis and oxygen therapy treatments, and urgent tests. Also the transfer of patients discharged from the emergency department who need it.
- The normal functioning of the emergency coordination service and emergency medical systems.
- The rest of the services will operate as if it were a holiday.
In health care in private centers and establishments dedicated to hospitalization, care, consultation and clinical analysis laboratories that are not part of SISCAT: the same minimum services are established as in the previous section , except as established in point 6.