Search
Tuesday, December 06, 2022

Murder case Simon Strobel: Trial postponed in Australia

Murder case Simon Strobel: Trial postponed in Australia

According to Australian media reports, the trial of the prime suspect in the murder of Simone Strobel has been postponed for the next six weeks. At the same time, the Würzburg Public Prosecutor’s Office sent a request for legal aid to the Australian authorities. Because: So far, there have been no extradition requests or concrete information about the alleged new evidence in Würzburg.

Police want to continue preparing evidence

The judicial investigation into the Strobel murder was due to begin this Wednesday in Lismore, Australia. But the hearing didn’t last long: The judge explained that the police had requested an additional six weeks to prepare an evidence trial.

The hearing is now set to take place on 9 November, Australian media reports. So at that time the boyfriend of the accused Simone Strobel was not present there. His lawyer said his client is yet to be indicted and will not attend the hearing in person on November 9.

Lower Franconia arrested at the end of July

The 42-year-old man from Lower Franconia was arrested in late July on suspicion of murder and obstruction of justice and later released on bail. He now lives in Australia.

According to previous investigations, the Lower Franconia native is said to have strangled or suffocated his then-girlfriend, Simone Strobel, in a tourist van in Lismore, Australia. It is then said that he hid her body not far from the crime scene.

The sister of the prime suspect and her boyfriend at the time are also suspected to be involved in the murder. Both still live in Lower Franconia. Lismore Police Chief Scott Tanner called for the two to be extradited in front of cameras.

Requesting Legal Aid from the Würzburg Judiciary

That’s why people are waiting in Würzburg for new findings in the Strobel massacre. As for the spokesman for the Würzburg Public Prosecutor’s Office, Tobias Kahn confirmed to Bayerischer Rundfunk when asked, no official extradition requests or concrete information had yet arrived about the alleged new evidence.

So now a request has been sent to the Australian authorities for legal aid. “We want to know what are the contents and grounds of the arrest warrant, i.e. the current status of the investigation,” Kann explained to BR. So far, the Public Prosecutor’s Office has no information as to why the prime suspect’s two traveling companions and the dead Simone Strobel are to be extradited to Australia.

Simone Strobel was assassinated in Australia in 2005

Simone Strobel was murdered 17 years ago. The then 25-year-old teacher from Lower Franconia went missing from a campsite in Lismore in 2005 while traveling with her boyfriend to Australia. His body was found a few days later under palm leaves near the campsite.

World Nation News is a digital news portal website. Which provides important and latest breaking news updates to our audience in an effective and efficient ways, like world’s top stories, entertainment, sports, technology and much more news.

Latest News

Related Stories

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Thanks for submitting your comment!