There are only clubs left alive in the Apertura 2023 of the MX Expansion League, after the quarterfinal round ended this Sunday. The tiebreaker criterion was used in two of the four qualifiers, in Atlante and the leader of the regular round, Cancún FC, which reached the Semifinals thanks to its position in the table.
Looking for a new champion after the elimination of Tapatío, which did not win a place in the Liguilla, the Silver Division kept alive the first four classified, with Mineros de Zacatecas being the most solvent of all with victory.
Expansion Quarterfinals Results
Black Lions against Morelia
- First leg | Morelia 2-1 Black Lions
- Back game | Black Lions 2-0 Morelia
- Overall: Leones Negros advanced 3-2
Atlante vs. Cimarrones
- First leg | Cimarrones beat Atlante 2-0
- Back game | Atlante 4-2 Cimarrones
- Overall: Atlante moved up for the best position in the table after a 4-4 draw
Cancun FC vs. Venados
- First leg | Venados 1-0 Cancun FC
- Back game | Cancun FC 2-1 Venados
- Overall: Cancún FC advance for the best position in the table after a 2-2 draw
Mineros vs. Tepatitlán
- First leg | Tepatitlán 2-0 Mineros
- Back game | Mineros 5-2 Tepatitlán
- Worldwide | The Zacatecas Miners advanced to 7-2
2023 Expansion League Semifinals; These are the keys
- (1) Cancún FC vs. Mineros de Zacatecas (4)
- (2) Black Lions vs Atlante (3)
The dates and times will be confirmed on Monday, November 20, with the options for the first matches being Wednesday the 22nd and Thursday the 23rd, while the second leg should be played on Saturday the 25th or Sunday the 26th, always with three days off.