Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Netanyahu receives the US rejection of an attack in Rafah

The White House Homeland Security spokesperson, John Kirby, stated that the United States does not support military operations in the area where the Army of Israel expands the city of Rafá, south of the Gaza Strip, as they explained “a catastrophe” for the Palestinians in this area, where there are thousands of evacuees from areas that were previously evacuated and regularly bombed.

“More than a million Palestinians are sheltered in and around Rafah. That’s where they were told to go, so there are many displaced people. The Israeli Army has a special obligation, when conducting operations, to be sure to consider the protection of innocent civilians, especially those who were thrown in the south by operations in the north,” he said. in a press conference.

Kirby emphasized thatif the protection of civilians on that scale in Gaza is not fully taken into account, military operations at this time will be a disaster for the people.” “And it’s not something we support,” he concluded.

Expansion of Rafá

Israel announced that it had the intention to expand its fight against Hamas in the Rafah area, in the south of the country, an area of ​​high population density. Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant indicated last week—and confirmed again earlier this week—that the Israeli military will reach “areas that have not yet been” fought in the center and south of the enclave, “especially the last remaining Hamas (fort) in Rafah.”

In this regard, the Palestinian Red Crescent announced that the Israeli Army has started this Friday an attack on Al Amal Hospital, south of the Gaza Strip, after a 19-day siege.

The hospital is in the Gaza city of Khan Yunis, now the epicenter of the Israeli campaign. On Tuesday, the humanitarian organization confirmed that “hundreds of displaced families” the hospital because of the pressure carried out by Israeli forces, who were accused on the same day of includingthe general director of the medical center, Haider al Qaddura, and the administrative director, Maher Atalá.

Both have since disappeared.

Nearly 28,000 Palestinians died

The Israeli Army killed a total of 107 people in the last 24 hours in the Gaza Strip, bringing the total number of Palestinians killed since the start of the war to 27,947, reported the Gaza Ministry of Health this Friday, controlleded by Hamas.

The Ministry stated in a statement that the Israeli Army “carried out 12 massacres against the families of Gazans,” in which another 142 people were also injured.

It is reported to the institution that there is an unknown number of victims under the rubble and that the “occupation force” prevents emergency services and civil protection from carrying out rescue operations.

With these new numbers, the total number of injured people rose to 67,459; some of them were transferred outside the Strip for treatment.

“Children are robbed of their childhood.”

The Commissioner General of the United Nations Agency for Palestinian Refugees (UNRWA), Philippepe Lazzarini, warned this Friday that the population of the Gaza Strip is facing the possible “loss of an entire generation” as “childhood was stolen” from Palestinian men and women living in the area.

“After four months of brutal war in Gaza, the consequences for children are dire, and the future of children is at risk. More than half a million boys and girls cannot go to primary and secondary school,” he said.

Thus, he focuses on it every day: it “deepens wounds” and puts the population at risk of “losing a generation,” which is “vulnerable to exploitation.”

“Children are robbed of their childhood,” he said before stressing the importance of “turning back” on this situation. For this to be clarified, a “humanitarian ceasefire” is needed.

His words come a day after that warning The population of the northern Gaza Strip is “on the verge of starvation” due to scarce food arriving in the area amid the offensive launched on October 7 by the Israeli Army in response to attacks carried out by the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas).

According to Lazzarini, the last time UNRWA provided food to the population of the northern Gaza Strip was on January 23, more than two weeks ago. In addition, since the beginning of the year, the organization’s requests to deliver supplies have been “rejected.”

World Nation News Desk
World Nation News Deskhttps://worldnationnews.com/
World Nation News is a digital news portal website. Which provides important and latest breaking news updates to our audience in an effective and efficient ways, like world’s top stories, entertainment, sports, technology and much more news.
Latest news
Related news