The Biden administration is aiming to make appliances more expensive and less efficient.
How to make every room in your house more expensive
Ben Lieberman, former member of the House Energy and Commerce Committee., has an interesting article in the Wall Street Journal about Biden’s regulatory abuses.
Please consider Regulatory Burden for Every Room of Your House by Ben Lieberman. This is a free link, not protected by the WSJ paywall.
- Kitchen. The Trump administration has taken steps to set DOE efficiency standards for dishwashers, with the unintended consequences of increasing dishwashing times from an hour or less in older models to more than two in new ones.
- Bathroom. As part of several agency measures that limit freedom of choice, the Department of Energy has tightened restrictions on water use for certain types of showers. Also, for those who prefer incandescent bulbs around a bathroom mirror (or anywhere), the Department of Energy is aiming these bulbs at energy efficiency standards that will likely raise their price to $7 apiece, leaving LEDs as the only viable option.
- Laundry. Washing machines have been subject to numerous violations of energy and water conservation regulations that have reduced performance and even forced some owners to purchase and use special products to eliminate the odor that builds up in newer models. Compliant dryers, such as new dishwashers, take longer to do their job.
- Basement. Your next new oven could be significantly more expensive due to regulatory changes seeping through Biden’s Department of Energy bureaucracy. Furnaces are currently available in versions that run on natural gas or electricity, but the Department of Energy is fully engaged in a war against gas, which environmentalists hate because it is a fossil fuel and therefore contributes to climate change.
- Any air conditioned room. The Environmental Protection Agency, under authority granted by Congress in 2020, has just imposed tough new quotas on several refrigerants believed to contribute to climate change. The price of the one used in most home air conditioners has already quadrupled, so don’t be surprised if your next repair bill is hundreds of dollars higher than you expected.
- Garage. Your car is there. Do I need to say more?
- Kitchen Sink: Specifically, the Department of Energy is reviewing the method for checking compliance with water use restrictions for faucets, and the change could result in tighter restrictions and some currently available models being declared illegal.
Total attack on common sense
Biden makes the ridiculous claim that the Build Back Better program will not increase inflation.
The statement is absurd. A push to electrify everything can do nothing but make things more expensive.
Since the bill would not be passed as is, Biden resorted to mandates.
Is going green worth it?
If you missed it, please consider: “Is the green light really worth it?”
The views expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Epoch Times.