The module, aimed entirely at professional investors, consists of six chapters and is valid for one hour of training for re-certification from EFPA Spain or 1 CPD credit from CFA Society Spain.
When people talk about data intelligence, they often use the terms machine learning (ML), artificial intelligence (AI), natural language processing (NLP), and deep learning (DL) interchangeably. But what is the difference between these methods? Why is it increasing in importance in asset management? How does quantitative investing apply to the investment process? Many doubts that we will solve in the six chapters in which the module is structured Machine learning and quantitative investing: how to incorporate them into portfolio buildingWhich is supported by Goldman Sachs AM.
What do we study in the module on Machine Learning and Quantitative Input?
- Machine learning, what is it and why is there so much interest in it? We study what machine learning is and how it differs from artificial intelligence, as well as other related terms.
- Types of Machine Learning and Applications in Asset Management: We take a look at the types of machine learning and discuss why it is gaining importance in the asset management industry.
- Machine learning in stock selection, some examples: We stop at a case study of signals: identifying companies with high employee satisfaction through machine learning.
- Introduction to Quantity Investing: We conduct factor investing retrospectively and delve into the application of quantitative investing in the investment process.
- Quantity investing in stock selection, how can we incorporate it into the process? We describe one way to do it from idea creation to creating the ultimate portfolio with a team approach.
- ESG and Quantitative Investing: We detail the things to consider when incorporating ESG factors into a data-driven decision framework.
Validated training by EFPA Spain and CFA Society Spain
You already know the system of adding continuing education hours. Once the test is completed and answered, module can be validated as 1 cpd credit CFA Society Spain How One Hour Recertification Training EIA, EIP, EFA and EFP D EFPA Spain, provided you successfully complete the knowledge test at the end of this module.