“His actions were clearly intended to threaten me.” Olivia Wilde said that his former partner Jason Sudeikis deliberately chosen send you custody papers while you were on stage At an event in April when she told him of her intention to move with her children to London, where her boyfriend lives Harry Styles.
Sudeikis, 46, and Wilde, 38, began dating in 2011 and had two sons, Otis, 8, and Daisy, 5, before separating in late 2020. The actors have since continued to share the upbringing and custody of their children. But the deal fell apart in April this year, when the former couple had a disagreement over where they would raise their children permanently, prompting the actor to file a custody petition.
In his motion to dismiss the action, Wilde stated that the two initially agreed to send their children back to school. angel for the upcoming school year, as Sudeikis was about to finish the final season of the Apple TV series ted lassoWhich forced him to stay in London.
,Recently, however, Jason decided he wanted to move to New York next year while he wasn’t working, and wanted the kids to be with him during this vacation.”, said the actress at the presentation.
And I add: “While I disagreed, because the kids haven’t lived in New York for many years, Jason submitted these documents.”
The actress faced this when she filed papers in court on April 26 while talking about her new film on stage at CinemaCon in Las Vegas.
was in the middle of a presentation for the Hollywood star 4,100 officers About your next thriller from the film industry “Don’t Worry Darling” When a judicial process server handed him the envelope.
A source close to Sudeikis claimed that Little did he know that Wilde would receive the document in such a public and humiliating manner.
Stranger on stage hands Wilde a marked envelope “Personal and Confidential”An action that left him quite bewildered and surprised by the interruption.
The actress initially thought that there was a script inside the envelope, but it was later revealed that she had custody documents.
He asked: “this is for me?” Before continuing with your presentation.
Wilde referred to the shameful incident for the first time in his court motion, criticizing his ex.abusive legal tactics”,
“Jason’s actions were clearly intended to intimidate me and catch me off guard. He could have served me very carefully, but instead he decided to do it as aggressively as possible.”He said in the documents. “The fact that Jason would embarrass me professionally and publicly display our personal struggles in such a way is contrary to the best interests of our children.”
“Since Jason has made it clear that we will not be able to resolve this for the sake of our children outside the court system, I filed a custody petition in Los Angeles,” the actress noted in the legal documentaries, obtained by tabloids. went. , Daily Mail.
According to court documents, Wilde and Sudeikis mainly settled in New York For most of their relationship, and their two children were born in the same city. lived in couple Brooklyn After purchasing the property in 2014 for $6.5 million, living there sporadically until 2019, when a mold problem left the home completely uninhabitable.
During that time period, Sudeikis and Wilde also spent considerable time angel because of his work commitments, but, according to the actor, he considered Brooklyn House as his primary family residence.
In his statement in court, Sudeikis said that while he, Wilde and their two children had been living in London since December 2021, they intended to return to their home “Permanent Home” in Brooklyn when filming for “Ted Lasso” in July.
he said he hoped His ex and their children are also moving back to New York to continue their current custody agreement.
Sudeikis said he now believes such plans are “unlikely” after Wilde “insisted on living with his children in Los Angeles” and that he was asked to accompany them during a custody debate in April. asked to stay. He also revealed his There are plans to move to London in the future, where he is staying with the 28-year-old former One Direction star at the end of next year.
“Olivia said that if I don’t live in Los Angeles full-time, she allows me to spend time with Otis and Daisy during weekends and holidays, thus allowing me to parent the kids during important times of my life. deprives them of the right to their lives…” Sudeikis said.
Continuous: “Secondly, Olivia said she intends to move to London with the kids after the school year in 2023.”
Sudeikis said he had asked his attorney at the time to serve summons and pleading on Wilde, knowing that his ex-wife planned to travel to Los Angeles the next morning. He denied that his actions were planned. He said that it was his intention that the documents reached him at Heathrow Airport and he learned that Wilde was finally informed publicly a few days later when the incident made headlines.
Sudeikis claimed he was “deeply disturbed” by the events and later revealed that Wilde’s whereabouts had been traced, thanks to a tweet that raised speculation about his appearance at CinemaCon.
Attempts were made to inform Wilde at his hotel in Las Vegas, where the event was held, but the server eventually handed him the envelope while he was on stage.
Sudeikis said it continues”Feeling very sorry for what happened. ,The convention was a momentous event for Olivia, both professionally and personally, and I am very sorry that this event affected her special moment.”