Traveling to the United States is the dream of many people, who want to go to the country in search of new opportunities. Therefore, they want the possibility to get a Green Card with the Diversity Visa Program, also known as the “visa lottery”.
This is an annual program aimed at natives of countries with low immigration rates to the United States, who can legally enter the country and receive a permanent resident card in a short period, accoperio department of State. United States.
Tips to increase your chances of getting a Green Card
From October 4 to November 7, 2023, people can now enroll in the visa program.
The United States Embassy in Barbados offers ten tips that will increase your chances of being selected:
- Read the instructions in the program registration guide in detail, which is in English, to find out if you can apply.
- Enter the official sites of the United States Government (they end with “.gov”), the only source of official information about the program.
- To access the official visa program registration page, click here to enter.
- Registration for the visa program is free. Avoid being scammed by those who claim they can increase your chances of being selected or those who offer to complete your application for free.
- Please use a recent photo, taken within the last six months before registratibeforerwise you will be disqualified.
- Submit only one entry per person. If you send more than one you will be immediately disqualified.
- Include your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 on the application, even if they are not traveling or immigrating with you.
- Please retain your confirmation phone number so that you can check the status of your application when the selection is made in May 2024.
- You will not be notified of the result of your registration by email or letter. Starting May 4, 2024, you can check if you have been selected to apply for a visa, only through the consultation section of the program’s website (click here to enter).
- Being selected does not guarantee to schedule a consular interview or to obtain a visa.