- Advertisement -spot_img
Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Orange County DA: There was nothing wrong with the death of a prisoner in Covid-1

Santa Anna, Calif. – Orange County prosecutors released a memo on Sept. 2 stating that no one was criminally responsible for the death of a convict-murdered Covid-1 in January.

In a letter to Orange County Sheriff Don Burns dated Aug0, but released publicly on Monday, Senior Deputy District Attorney Cyril U said, “There is no indication that [the sheriff’s department] Resulting in a failure to fulfill a legal obligation [Ah Le] Fang’s death. ”

The U.S. case review shows that Fang has repeatedly refused medical care, including medication for schizophrenia.

Fang was awaiting trial on charges of fatally stabbing his 50-year-old mother, Lu Thao, and injuring her 75-year-old boyfriend. Fang was charged with murder and attempted murder for the August 15, 2017 attack.

Fang’s mother Fulton called police to say she was being attacked, police said. Officers who arrived at the scene stabbed him in the abdomen at 134S Pritchard Avenue outside his apartment complex. Police also found her boyfriend, who had a knife in his hand.

Thao and his companion were taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Fang lived with his victim and his adult sister, police said. Fang gets into an argument with his siblings and then goes to his bedroom after throwing a skincare product on his sleeping sister’s head in the middle of the night,
According to police and U.S.

Her mother tried to talk to her through the door, but when she initially refused to come out, she later came out with a knife in her hand and attacked her mother and her boyfriend before fleeing.

Fang had a history of mental illness and suffered from schizophrenia, schizophrenic disorders, paranoid schizophrenia, poly substance abuse and bipolar disorder.

While in prison, Fang was given medication, but on August 15, 2019, during a mental health assessment, he told staff that he had stopped taking his medication and would no longer do so.

During the follow-up test, it was “repeatedly explained to Fang the benefits of taking mental taking drugs, but Fang was adamant in his denial,” Yu wrote in his letter.

Fang was scheduled to take a Covid-1 test on December 19, but he refused to take it, Yu said. He declined another test on Dec. 22, Yu said.

Fang complained Dec. 29 that his cellmate “punched him and tried to molest him every day,” Yu said.

“The deputy and his cell partner mentioned that Fang was talking to himself more frequently, so he was sent for another mental health assessment when he admitted that he was listening to voices and seeing things, but said he was feeling better,” Yu said. Said.

Read Also:  The second woman, Leon Black, is accused of rape; Blacks rap claims ‘complete fiction’

Fang asked how he could “protect himself from getting Covid-1, so he was scheduled for a test and it showed he was infected,” Yu said.

By January 3, a few days earlier a “dry cough” had gotten worse and he wanted medication. The next day he refuses to feel short of breath and has no other symptoms.

His condition worsened on Jan. 5, and medical staff rushed him to the emergency room at St. Joseph’s Hospital the next day, Yu said.

When Fang was admitted, officials noted that he was “obese” and was feeling “short of breath,” with occasional fever and chills, and had difficulty breathing for the past few days as his condition worsened, “Yu said. There were symptoms consistent with pneumonia.

But Fang rejected blood work and “anticoagulant medication,” despite advising that he was at risk of stroke and blood clots, Yu said.

He was treated with an oxygen mask, which he will remove in phases, U said.

Jan e January, he was trapped in a beleaguered positive airway pressure machine, but he removed it once, triggering “Code Blue”.

When his supervisors discussed the possibility of an inter-entity, he rejected it, U said.

“Fang said he wanted to die peacefully without intubation,” Yu said.

Attempts to reach his family failed.

Fang, who was a heavy smoker before his imprisonment, was told on Jan. 18 that he would die if he continued to deny intubation, Yu said. But he “reiterated that he did not want an entity and wanted to die peacefully,” Yu said.

He took some medication “to make him more comfortable”, but he refused “comfort care”. This limited the amount of morphine they were able to give him.

Jan. 21 at 5:50 a.m. Fang was pronounced dead.

Fang died more than a month after he became the first prisoner to die in Covid-1 of Eddie Lee Anderson, 68, of Orange County, River Ridge, Lagiana.

Anderson tested positive while in Theo Lacey Branch Prison in December, one of hundreds of infected people in the county lockup outbreak. Anderson died Dec. 1 at a local hospital, said Carrie Brown of the Orange County Sheriff’s Department.

Anderson was charged with murder on May 1, 18 Leslie Pennard Harris, who was raped and strangled to death.



This News Originally From – The Epoch Times

World Nation News Deskhttps://www.worldnationnews.com
World Nation News is a digital news portal website. Which provides important and latest breaking news updates to our audience in an effective and efficient ways, like world’s top stories, entertainment, sports, technology and much more news.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -

Leave a Reply