More than a month before the start of the Pan American Games, the president visited the housing complex that will welcome new residents in 2024.
During this Thursday, the Santiago 2023 Corporation, which organizes the next Pan American and Parapan American Games, celebrated one of its most important milestones.
Together with a series of authorities, President Gabriel Boric inaugurated the Pan American Village that will receive thousands of athletes and will later benefit citizens who dream of owning their own home.
Located in Cerrillos, a few steps from the Metro station of the same name, the 17 buildings have towers of six to 17 floors. While the games are taking place, the new housing complex is the operational base of the delegations and is connected to the main competition areas.
In 2024, meanwhile, 1,355 families will permanently live in this area thanks to the Social and Territorial Integration Program of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Planning: 25% are families from the most vulnerable 40% of the Social Registry of Households and 75% would be families from the middle sector.
You might be interested…
Facts about the Pan American Village
- Area: 6.4 hectares. There are two lots (B and C), with 4 condominiums and 17 towers in total between 6 and 17 stories tall.
- Investment (public-private): 100 million dollars.
- Jobs created: more than 1,100 jobs.
- Construction companies: DLP (Lot B) and Mena y Ovalle (Lot C).
- The project includes a sculpture of the Santiago 2023 Games that has already been installed. It was prepared by Francisco Gazitua, 2021 National Plastic Arts Award.
“Look at how things are mixed up. Now here we are giving a new starting point to what the Pan American and Parapan American Games are and, also, we are inaugurating a village in Cerrillos that will be one of the works that will leave a legacy,” said . President Boric.