Recalling how a few days ago, while walking very close to Adaja, I found some posters with skulls warning about the extreme toxicity of the products that were dumped in some plantations in the Ambles Valley and Which I got away from as soon as possible. Withholding breath as much as possible, I have no choice but to consider the amount of harmful chemicals not only in intensive crops and agriculture, but also in small businesses, industries small and large, and even in our own. own house.
Media advertising hype has bombarded us with endless commercials about miracle cocktails for all kinds of uses and trends, from dishwasher tablets that clean everything as a whistle, and even food. Even the scraps that advertise a thousand miracles to clean up the mess. Limescale internal ducts and make your black pans almost white so that they look more beautiful, or concentrated soaps to put in the washing machine that eliminate all kinds of stains, which are fat, wine, blood, etc. chocolate and other plastron Let’s kill The old white stains on your shirts…
If we visit the bathroom, we are sure that we will also find synthetic mixtures that are used to remove black mold from silicone joints or from the most inaccessible corners of the shower or bathtub and make them whiter than quicklime drop offs. Or the disinfectant for the toilet that almost promises us clear water worthy of any mountain stream…
But I encourage the reader to do the following: have you read the fine print about the content and harmfulness of the chemicals you use almost daily?
I imagine the answers will be as varied and varied as the people themselves, but I believe it is so important that it deserves a few minutes’ reflection.
If the user does not like to read, let alone need a magnifying glass to understand some paragraphs, just by looking at the icon on the back of the packaging, they can get an idea that sometimes for convenience “we ourselves poisons”.
I also see that almost all miraculous concoctions advertise that they are toxic even by contact; I will not tell you anything if they jump into your eyes or you inadvertently take a drink “something is really difficult, although nothing is impossible” and even less if there are children or very old people in the house, this Despite the fact that the caps are usually difficult to open properly due to the “chemical bombs” contained in them.
And what’s worse. Most of them have the symbol that they are not as biodegradable as they should be and that they are destructive to aquatic organisms; Something that worries us a lot because all this opacity of liquid and miracle paste goes down the drains, ends up in the river and few treatment plants, no matter how good they are, are unable to contain this poison. are capable that promises to clean our “domestic and industrial visible dirt”.
Sometimes I wonder how products that are difficult to biodegrade or that advertise that they are very harmful to aquatic organisms can be allowed to be sold; I think the chemical lobby is powerful enough to enforce its own rules.
Another aspect to keep in mind, reading the very fine handwriting that almost no one reads, is that once the container is empty, in many of them, it has to be sanitized enough to be treated as a hazardous product. Getting to the point is recommended because there always is; Something that I think no one or almost no one does, possibly because they haven’t read the mentioned almost invisible text. And to further add to the outrage, some are “camouflaged” into their packaging as supposedly green, recyclable products even though their labeling says otherwise, knowing that no one consulted .
And to conclude, unfortunately it is very difficult to find ecological cleaning products in shops or supermarkets, although there are some that substitute these as harmful as their labels indicate; Only consumer pressure claiming them will be able to bring about a change in trends in the market.
Perhaps it is better that we do not have everything so pristine, so shiny, so clean white and of immediate effect, but that we make our rivers, our kitchens, our bathrooms low, and poison ourselves and our families. ,