Find out what the National Consumer Protection Laboratory rated these products
By: Dora Alicia Miranda
Jelly is a favorite dessert for children, but also for many adults and can be enjoyed at any time.
They can be found in grocery stores, convenience stores, and supermarkets, and their presentations vary according to each person’s tastes. Some are already prepared and ready to eat and others are powdered to prepare.
Jellies can be of different flavors and colors, but this does not mean that their nutritional contribution is significant when we consume them.
To provide more accurate information on this issue, the Federal Consumer Attorney’s Office (Profeco) conducted an investigation on gelatin brands and evaluated some important parameters.
Know Which Brands of Gelatin Provide More Protein
The Profeco study analyzed 24 products, of which 18 brands are marketed in powder form and 6 of which are already ready for consumption.
The parameters that were assessed include the following:
– information on the label
As per the studies conducted by Profeco quality laboratory, these are the best brands of gelatin as they contain high amount of protein.
To prepare jelly with milk:
1. Strawberry Malt Flavor MC Cormic for Gelatin Preparation/Powder, Enriched with Vitamins and Minerals/Mexico/35 g
2. Fruity cool/powder for preparing milk jelly. Strawberry Flavor/Mexico/140g
3. De’Gari Light/Powder for preparation of Gelatin from milk with low calorie content. Strawberry Yogurt Flavor/Mexico/25g
4. D’agari/powder for preparing gelatin with milk/Mexico/120 grams
To prepare jelly from water:
1. MC Cormic/Powder for preparation of Strawberry flavored Gelatin, enriched with vitamins and minerals. Wild Strawberry Flavor / Mexico / 35g
2. De’gari/powder for preparing gelatin with water/Mexico/120 grams
3. Congeli/powder for preparation of lemon flavored gelatin/Mexico/170 g
4. Strawberry Flavored Sugar-Free Gelatin / Mexico / Proto Reduced in Prepared Sugar / Powder 84g
1. Bambi / Jelly of water and milk. Gourmet Light, Mango Raspberry/Mexico/110g
2. Art Light/Sugar Free Gelatin Flavour: Jamaica, Lime, Guava & Soursop/Mexico/500g (4 pieces of 125g/U)
3. ART / Strawberry, Lemon, Pineapple, Grape and Orange Flavored Gelatin / Mexico / 500 g (4 pieces of 125 g / u)
According to studies conducted by the institution, all gelatins comply with official Mexican standards, fully compliant in terms of pure content, verification methods, general labeling specifications, commercial and health information.
Profeco pointed out that, although jellies can be a refreshing and pleasant-tasting dessert, this does not mean they are a significant source of nutrients, so they should be enjoyed in moderation as part of a varied and balanced diet. It is good to take and prevent them from eating. Consuming too much is harmful to our health.