Puerto Rican singer Ricky Martin is denying allegations of domestic abuse after a restraining order was filed in his country.
The Associated Press reported via Puerto Rican newspaper El Vocero that the order reportedly involved a petitioner, who officials did not name, who broke up with the Latino singer after dating her for seven months.
The newspaper reported that Martin reportedly did not accept the breakup and protested at the petitioner’s home “at least three times”.
Police spokesman Axel Valencia told the Associated Press that officers in Dorado, Puerto Rico, attempted to order the singer signed Friday, but to no avail.
“So far, the police have not been able to find him,” Valencia said.
Martin’s representatives denied the allegations in a statement to People.
Martin’s representatives told People, “The allegations of granting a protection order against Ricky Martin are completely false and fabricated.” “We are confident that our client, Ricky Martin, will be fully upheld when the true facts come out in this case.”
As Insider reports, Martin’s former talent manager Rebecca Drucker sued him last week, claiming he owed her more than $3 million in unpaid commissions.
The lawsuit, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, alleges that Martin “constantly abused, manipulated and lied” to Drucker.
The lawsuit also details how he allegedly “protected” the singer from “her reckless indiscretions” including “devastating” scandal, non-payment of taxes and substance abuse.
Martin’s team did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the lawsuit.
need help? In the US, call 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) for National Domestic Violence Hotline,