When a boy or a girl is born, one of the most common questions about the name is, “What should it be called?” And according to the answer to that question, each person’s spirit accepts or rejects that future name.
Although, for educational reasons, it is always said that the name chosen is very beautiful, in reality, there are names that are more aesthetically attractive than others.
And we don’t say it; science says it. As Crónica Global reports, various studies have come to the conclusion that there are names that are perceived as more beautiful when spoken aloud.
With that in mind, a study conducted years ago by My One Year in collaboration with the University of Birmingham was tasked with deciphering the ideal name for a girl.
The method used to determine the “perfect female name” was to conduct surveys and analysis among the company’s customers. In this way, it was possible to identify which names have greater aesthetic resonance linguistically.
The victorious name was Sophia (Sofa in Spanish), derived from Greek and translated as “the one who has wisdom”. It’s a very Bourbon name; The Emeritus Queen is called Sofa, a name that one of the Infanta eventually inherited.
The 10 Most Beautiful Girl Names
The study mentioned above was not only limited to the selection of the most beautiful names but also made a classification of the best. These are the ten that top the list:
2. Zoe: Name theoretically of Greek origin, meaning “life”.
3. Rosie: Diminutive of rose, flower name
4. Sophie: the French version of Sofia
5. Ivy: Name of English origin meaning ivy.
6. Phoebe: Name of Greek origin meaning “bright, pure”.
7. Violet: The name comes from the Latin “viola,” a flower that symbolizes modesty and balance.
8. Willow: The name comes from the willow, known for its thin and elegant branches and leaves.
9. Hannah: Name that comes from the Hebrew Channah, meaning “favor” and “grace.”
10. Ellie: Originally an abbreviation for Elisabeth, it eventually evolved into a name of its own.