The Senior Textile Designer is primarily responsible for managing the workflow of the design team, leading and directing the design department to create top-selling designs while consistently meeting their quota. This role will serve as the central point of contact between the sales and design teams to ensure the alignment of strategic focus and distribution to maximize sales growth.
To be a positive advocate of Karolina York, championing the mission and values of Karolina York and as the foremost creative direction set out in collaboration with Creative Lead. Duly, this role will be responsible for managing the workflow of bespoke design services directly with clients.
The key relationships that will be needed to establish, maintain and nurture this position are:
- motif group
- Head of Operations
- creative director
- sales team
Major Responsibilities and Responsibilities
- Lead and direct the design team to ensure efficient execution of company creative direction (surface patterns, tradeshow banners).
- Important liaison between design and sales department
- Main liaison between the design department and the studio manager
- Use your creative expertise to explain Karolina York’s weekly trend direction set by the Creative Director presenting the design team at Monday morning meetings
- Understanding key metrics and sales goals to inform the design department of Reactive Design
- Efficiently planning and implementing print runs, establishing design schedules on short-term and long-term projects
- Make sure designers create original creative design concepts that are on-brand and stand out from our competition
- Actively Manage Onboarding Employee Designers
- Coordinate design workshops to ensure upskilling in the design team, and ensure designer quotas are met
- Responsible for month-end reporting for the design department
Service Functions and Commissions
- Main contact for all service work and commissioning. Clearly communicating progress and timelines with sales reps
- Help customers understand fee proposals and production process
- Use your creative expertise to interpret clients’ point of view and make it a tangible and deliverable design
- Talk to clients to develop detailed commissioning designs and determine how to visually present a clients concept
- Supervise delivery of designs to customers for approval and ensure deadlines and requirements are met
- Key contact for all freelancers at Karolina York, including recruitment, onboarding, administration, briefing, critique, design filing, stocktaking and communications to ensure proper delivery of surface patterns.
- Maintain a spreadsheet of freelancers selling and update through monthly sales
- meet weekly design quota
- attend company meetings
- Using Trend subscription updates the design and sales department on trend and color reports
- Participate in university and college functions to promote design opportunities within the company
- set up contests
- Other related actions requested by the Studio Manager or Creative Director.
- Constantly review and update processes and procedures and ensure the design team adheres to all company policies and procedures
- Troubleshoot daily issues that may arise and come up with creative solutions to ensure goals and deadlines are met within agreed time
- Approve design costs and work smartly in a cost-effective manner; cost of art supplies, workshops
- Seek, receive and analyze client feedback and use this data to improve operations and the overall client experience.
- Work with relevant teams to collaborate on ideas and their implementation.
- Frequently review processes and procedures and ensure that all teams comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Work with different teams to troubleshoot problems or develop ideas for areas of improvement to meet business goals or improve efficiency, creativity or effectiveness in the way the team operates.
Workplace Health and Safety (WHS)
- Take a duty of care to ensure that the work does not negatively affect the health and/or safety of oneself or others in the workplace
- Ensure that nothing provided for health and safety is intentionally or negligently interfered with or misused.
- Ensure compliance with any WHS policies, procedures and any reasonable instructions given by the Company
Main Selection Criteria
Education, Qualification and Licensing.
- Tertiary qualification in design or related fields, desirable
skills and experience
- Communication skills: Must be able to listen and speak to employees and customers to ensure that they understand employees’ ideas and customer requests. Excellent customer service manner and sound verbal and non-verbal communication skills are a must.
- Creative acumen: Must be able to come up with interesting and innovative ideas to develop print designs and have a high focus on both administrative and design; Have a thorough understanding of art, textiles, and compilation, as well as know how to use design software to design, or layout options.
- Leadership skills: Must be able to organize, direct, inspire other designers and companies to have a creative approach to artists and oversee production; Demonstrated leadership is a must in project management. Ability to interact confidently with employees of all levels and demonstrate confidence in decision making.
- Time-management skills: It is important to balance competing priorities and multiple projects while meeting strict deadlines; Ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Problem Solving Skills: Requires the ability to proactively resolve issues and sound conflict management skills, which may arise with internal or external stakeholders, while remaining professional, open to direction, and collaboration essential Is.
- Public Speaking Skills: Ability to represent Karolina York at conferences, meetings, universities and seminars as needed to champion our brand and demonstrate high commitment and professional ethical standards at work.
Application and Design Tools
- Ability to work with a wide range of art and design mediums, both traditional and digital.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop, and Google Apps (ie, Google Chat, Email, Google Drive etc…)
- Flow in Google Business
If this sounds like a dream role to you, please email your CV, portfolio and a cover letter to email@example.com.