42% of Spaniards declare themselves motionless According to a survey by the Spanish Obesity Society (SEEDO). They are people who have thought of getting in shape at some point or another; But they find it difficult to start doing physical exercise regularly. lack of time or difficulty organizing work schedule There are a few reasons why they drop that idea. For many people the summer holidays are not the best time to start such a challenge, either because of the temperature or because the holiday is associated with other activities. However, this is when there is usually more free time and when a person can start more comfortably.
“Man is an animal customsAnd when we want to change them for others, there is a internal power Which brings us to the usual habits.
Now that we’re approaching summer, there’s no proposition to wait until September to get new resolutions for the season. We can start this change now and in September we just have to continue doing them and integrate them into the daily routine and with proper time management”, said a sports psychologist and studies in physical activity and a master’s degree in nutrition in sports. explains associate professor of health sciences at UOC, Jaime Marty.
Jeronimo Aragon, an expert in sports physiology, also an associate professor on the same master’s degree in health science studies at UOC, expresses himself along these lines. “Although getting in shape is a long-distance running, during the holidays you can Rather start with calming exerciseAnd add more weight or intensity when doing sports in the face of September,” he advises.
For example, explains Aragon, if the summer resort is a beach, you can go for walks, play paddle tennis recreationally, rent paddle surf boards or kayaks for two people, among others. As for the mountain, there is no need to be too complicated, a long walk of more than 2 hours in acceptable terrain is enough. And on the other hand, if we are in a city on vacation, then a day’s sightseeing, which we traditionally do, is enough. refering to frequencyEvery day you have to do a little sport.
To these tips, Marty adds others to engage in physical activity:
1. start the day Do not leave it until the end of the day with physical activity and to avoid laziness.
2. Avoid improvisation, very common on vacation. it is recommended to put predictable routine By walking or running, 10 or even 20 minutes.
3. Do activities that are usually performed on a daily basis, but with greater intensity. That is, go at a light pace when you go to newspaper, food, to meet someone, among others. You have to sweat, even if it’s just a little.
4. When going to a city, town or summer resort, do it like a real Tourist And walk or cycle instead of taking a car or public transportation.
5. Depending on your age and physical condition, you can start practicing or playing sports, as long as in a moderate, controlled and fun way,
6. If you are near the ocean or swimming pool, do about 20 minutes swimming,
7. All this, with a good nutrition And above all, hydration,