“Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour” remains the top-grossing film this week in North America, but Martin Scorsese’s “Killers of the Flower Moon” also had a strong showing.
After a record-breaking debut weekend of $92.8 million, “Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour” took in an estimated $31 million from 3,855 theaters, according to AMC Theaters. In an unusual deal, the network distributed the Taylor Swift film, which was shown only Thursday through Sunday.
Ticket sales for Swift’s film dropped 67% in its second week, which seems to indicate that it is a first-run phenomenon.
However, “The Eras Tour” has faded into history. In a few days it became the highest-grossing film in North America, not counting inflation. It quickly earned $129.8 million domestically.
“Killers of the Flower Moon,” about a series of murders against the Osage Nation in the 1920s, had a production budget of $200 million and was shown in 3,628 theaters. There are plans to stream it on Apple TV+, but no date has been set.
“Killers of the Flower Moon” – starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Lily Gladstone and Robert De Niro – grossed $23 million. It got good reviews and had a strong campaign to win the Oscar. Internationally it grossed $21 million.
The ten highest-grossing movies in theaters in the United States and Canada this week, according to Comscore. The final numbers will come out on Monday.
1. “Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour – $31 million.
2. “Killers of Flower Moon – $23 million.
3. “The Exorcist: Believer – $5.6 million.
4. “Paw Patrol: The Mighty Movie – $4.5 million.
5. “The Nightmare Before Christmas – $4.1 million.
6. “Saw X – $3.6 million.
7. “The Creator – $2.6 million.
8. “Leo: Bloody Sweet – $2.1 million.
9. “A Haunting in Venice – $1,1 million.
10. “The Blind Man – $1 million.