The State Meteorological Agency has activated several alerts for wind, rain, and waves in Cantabria.
In which places and at what time is the weather alert activated in Cantabria this Friday, October 20?
Red and orange coastal alert
The red alert for waves will be activated along the entire coast of Cantabria from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Those hours are the worst moment of the storm and the forecast is for waves of 8 to 9 meters.
The orange alert for wind will be activated from 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. The wind forecast along the entire Cantabrian coast will reach 110 kilometers per hour.
Orange alert for wind in central Cantabria
The center of Cantabria will remain active yellow wind warning until 3:00 pm. In some areas, gusts of 90 kilometers per hour will be reached.
Wind and rain alert in Liébana
The Liébana region has a yellow alert activated for rain and wind.
- The wind alert is until 3:00 p.m.
- Rain alert until the end of the day. Accumulated rain of 40 liters per square meter is expected within 12 hours.
Recommendation of 112 in front of the typhoon
111 Cantabria asks citizens for caution and makes a series of recommendations:
- Stay away from seawalls, beaches, breakwaters, and other coastal areas.
- Avoid parking vehicles in areas that may be affected by waves.
- Respect at all times the security cordons and fences established by the relevant authorities.
- Doors, windows, or awnings must be closed and secured.
- Remove flower pots and all outdoor items that may fall on public roads and cause an accident.
- Avoid wooded areas.
- Avoid walls, walls, or trees that could fall.
- Avoid passing buildings that are under construction or in poor condition.
- Be very careful when traveling by road, especially viaducts and tunnel exits.
In case of emergency, you must call 112 as soon as possible, indicating the location and type of incident, to assess the situation and start the assistance procedure if necessary.