As the web portal of the Library of Health and Medicine of the United States, MedlinePlus, explains, the kidneys, like all organs of the body, are of crucial importance for the good functioning of the organism, and any change in one of them can entail complications for the health of the patient in general.
One of the conditions that most commonly affect kidney health is the formation of kidney stones. This condition is usually painful and rarely requires surgery, as most patients manage to remove the stones through urine.
To take care of kidney health, it is important to follow the recommendations that most health professionals usually give, namely to eat an adequate diet, emphasizing the consumption of healthy foods in their original state. In addition, frequent physical activity must be adjusted to the age and physical condition of each patient.
Experts mention that an adult patient should drink six to eight glasses of water a day, which is equivalent to two liters of this colorless liquid. It is worth noting that the best drink is water, not only for hydration but also to accompany meals and promote good digestion.
Before taking this drink, it is important to get the approval of a doctor who approves its use.
How do you prepare dandelion tea?
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of crushed or powdered dandelion root
- 150–200 ml of water
- To prepare the tea, pour boiling water over the crushed root and let it steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain and drink warmly up to three times a day.
- For gastrointestinal problems, this tea should be taken before meals.
- New dandelion leaves.
- coconut water.
- Put the leaves in a blender, add the coconut water, process, and drink the drink three times a day.
- “In general, dandelion leaves have a bitter taste, and therefore the newest leaves, which have a less intense taste, should be used. Other ingredients, such as apple juice, mint, and ginger, can also be added to the drink to improve the taste and give this juice other properties.