The Last of Us Part 1 Patch 1.0.4 for PC is now available. And this is a long-awaited patch because it is he who aims to bring a lot of improvements and changes in optimization and graphics.
When The Last of Us Part 1 came out on PC a month ago, it arrived in a terrible state, badly optimized, with a lot of problems that we hope will be fixed in this patch.
This patch is primarily aimed at optimizing the CPU and GPU throughout the game and improving the graphics and texture fidelity, especially in the Low and Medium graphics modes.
In addition, it comes with specific improvements for AMD CPUs and Steam Deck. Make room, as the patch weighs in at 24GB.
The Last of Us Part 1 Patch Notes 1.0.4 on PC
- Optimized CPU and GPU usage throughout the game
- Improved resolution and texture fidelity at low and medium game settings
- Improved graphical fidelity on the game’s low graphics preset, specifically water surfaces no longer appear black
- Fixed a crash during shader creation
- Fixed a crash when exiting the main menu
- Also fixed the crash that occurred on death after battle.
- Fixed an issue where first-boot players could experience long wait times for games to load.
- Added an option for players to lock and unlock performance stats simultaneously in the HUD menu (Options > HUD)
- Added description to graphics menu (Options > Display) to better explain when some settings may affect others
- Also added a texture transmission rate setting (Graphics > Texture Settings)
- Fixed an issue where skipping scenes during a critical load could cause the game to crash.
- Fixed an issue where the shader loading warning would not appear when restarting the game
- Updated VRAM bar to more accurately reflect OS+app usage
- Fixed an issue where the screen reader would read the value for lock settings, which could mean that the same lock settings were active
- Fixed an issue where aiming down when using Keyboard and Mouse (KBM) could increase camera sensitivity.
- Refined the handling of some commands assigned the same KBM key combination
- Fixed Portuguese, Brazilian, Croatian, Dutch, Finnish, French, Greek, Hungarian, Latin American Spanish, Spanish, Thai, and Traditional Chinese translations for multiple menu options
- [Pantallas ultra anchas] Fixed rangefinder reticle position for bow
- Fixed a crash on AMD CPUs with a limited affinity for X3D cores
- Fixed an issue that misrendered textures on AMD GPUs.
- Fixed an issue where the “It Absolutely Can’t Happen” achievement would not trigger, despite having received all other achievements
- Fixed an issue on Steam Deck where resetting performance settings to default was no longer enabled on AMD FSR 2 (Options > Performance)
Remember that this is the 1.0.4 patch from the PC version of The Last of Us Part 1. Which in turn is a port of the PS5 remake of the original PS3 game.