For most, Traveling by plane turns out to be a very pleasant experience, although for many others, it is completely stressful, not only because of the fear that others will feel in the air, but also because of the series of procedures to be followed, before and especially, when arriving at most destinations.
Sure, The United States is one of the countries that has the greatest control over the entry of travelers into the country, This is with the help of all Transportation Security Administration (TSA) security checkpoints.
Sometimes, simple things like the clothes you wear can cause some inconveniences, such as delays or extra inspections by airport security guards.
If you don’t want to experience this situation, then We give you some tips to avoid these and other problems and make your passage through US airports easier.
8 recommendations to avoid problems at US airports.
1) Wear shoes that are easy to remove. In all US airports you must take off your shoes, so choose to travel with shoes without laces, so you can easily put them on and take them off.
2) Choose good socks. Since your shoes must be removed when you go through the screening arch, you should wear socks in good condition to avoid embarrassing moments with TSA officers and other passengers.
3) Do not remove your jewelry. One of the biggest questions travelers ask is whether they should remove their jewelry when going through airport security. TSA indicates that you can wear your accessories and do not put them in the trays that go through the scanner to avoid loss.
4) Do not use accessories that can be used as weapons. Although there are no clothes or accessories, as such, that are prohibited, there are some that may subject you to further inspection if they believe that something you are wearing may harm other passengers. Avoid bags with hard shells or heavy, sharp materials.
5) Do not wear shoes with large platforms. It is known that many people try to smuggle drugs or other controlled substances into airports with the help of this type of shoes, so if you decide to travel with this type of shoes, you are likely to go through another additional security check. .
If you have to go through an additional screening, do not argue with a TSA agent, as this can cause more problems.
6) Take off your belt and empty your pockets. These items should be placed in a carry-on bag instead of in a container to reduce contact points.
7) Do not go through baggage control. There are items that TSA prohibits from carry-on luggage, such as packing large liquids, gels, and aerosols. You cannot bring it in containers larger than 3.4 oz or 100 ml. If you bring them with you, you must send them in your checked baggage.
The most common prohibited items that arrive at security checkpoints are large containers of shampoo, body spray, perfume, cologne, shaving cream, hair gel/cream, sunscreen, mouthwash, body lotions, and large beverages.
8) Laptops on the tray. There can be a lot of confusion when the trays go through the scanner; If you bring a laptop or electronic item larger than a tablet, each must be placed in its own tray.