The parents of the murder victim in Lac-Saint-Charles two weeks ago claimed that this drama would never have arrived and eagerly awaited the Quebec police, against which they intend to pursue a lawsuit.
• Also read: Premier murder of the year in Quebec: a violent and violent attack
• Also read: Meurtre à Lac-Saint-Charles: his danger «underestimated gravity»
• Also read: Queens in Quebec: mental health gaps in Quebec
“They did not take us seriously. This drama would never have arrived, everything was in place to avoid … », launched Lucie Drouin, in a song, during a moving public outing, Monday.
Photos Jérémy Bernier
Lucie Drouin and Daniel Lebel, parents of Kim Lebel, author of the surreptitious murder in Lac-Saint-Charles on April 6, had its first public outing on Monday, during a press conference in Quebec, during which they criticized the police.
It’s a complete psychosis that his son Kim Lebel would have taken his neighbor, Jacques Côté, to a metal bar on April 6.
However, the prosecution’s prosecutions did everything in their power to prevent the drama from happening, they said.
Two more days, two Quebec police officers (SPVQ) surrendered at the home of the accused following a call from parents, asking for gestures that their son could pose. The agents will take 20 minutes later.
« [On] insisted on several reprisals for seeking help and meeting a psychiatrist. They will have to intervene, “said Mrs Drouin, who had to restrain her alarms from her partner, Daniel Lebel.
An untenable alert
At least 48 hours later, the parents of a 30-year-old man receive a prescription from a judge for their children to take an immediate psychiatric examination.
The ordinance in general, the couple had to wait more than three hours at the police station that the agents take charge of the situation, in vain.
« [On] did not tell me to inquire, to return to us, they [allaient] s’en occupuper », affirme la mère de l’accusé dans this affair.
In return, they were directly witnesses of the psychosis of their sons, forcing them to contain themselves.
Police finally arrived 25 minutes later, after several calls at 911.
“For us, it’s too late. [Mais] if we can help anyone who is in this situation, it can be that it can help those who are no more victims, it’s what we want », confided Daniel Lebel, denouncer a “slow and fine brooch system”.
Ms Marc Bellemare, Kim Lebel’s parents’ lawyer, indicated that a lawsuit against the City of Quebec and his police force had been considered.
And this, possibly before the conclusions of the Bureau of Independent Investigations (BEI) in this case.
“Normally, the policeman would have you, since he had the judgment in the houses, discharged a patrol and went looking for the little guys. It’s an unforgivable mistake, “said the lawyer.
Kim Lebel’s parents have also benefited from this first public outing since the tragedy of offering their condolences to the victim’s family, “who knew an insane death”.
A COURSE AGAINST THE SHOW
- Two police officers are visiting Kim Lebel to evaluate following an appeal from his parents, who are protesting the gestures he could pose. They leave after 20 minutes.
- Call for parents to prepare a meeting with the organism La Boussole, regrouping of parents and friends of the person suffering from mental illness.
- 9 h: meet with the organism La Boussole to explain the situation in detail. The body summoned a judge at the Quebec Court of Justice at 11 a.m. on the same day.
- 11 h: the judge Dominic Roux rend his verdict. It is a prescription for Kim Lebel to be immediately referred to a psychiatric examination.
- 12 h: the parents of the man present themselves to the police station of Victoria Park for a patrol to search their sons immediately, following the dissemination of the ordinance.
- 15 h 30-15 h 35: Lucie Drouin and Daniel Lebel return home with two bridesmaids, without any plan on the part of Quebec police. Upon their arrival, they discover their sons while committing the irreparable.
- 16 h: the first agents of the Quebec City Police Service arrive on the scene after several calls at 911. It’s already too late.
Source: Testimony of Daniel Lebel and Lucie Drouin, parents of Kim Lebel