- Advertisement -spot_img
Monday, January 24, 2022

The Pentagon, Chinese military officials discussed the ‘frank’, a few weeks after the Akus agreement

The Pentagon announced Wednesday that US and Chinese military officials had discussed “defense issues” in a number of defense issues this week.

A virtual meeting was held between U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for China Michael Chase and Chinese Major General Huang Xuiping on Tuesday and Wednesday, Defense Department spokesman Lt. Col. Martin Meiners said in a statement.

“During the talks, both sides discussed openly, in-depth and openly on various issues affecting the US-PRC. [People’s Republic of China] Defense relations, “Meiners said.” Both sides have reiterated the sensitivities to keep the means of communication open. “

The spokesman added that during the talks with China, “the US side has also made clear its commitment to upholding shared policies with our allies and partners in the Indo-Pacific region.”

Two days of video conferencing meetings were held two weeks after the announcement of the new AUKUS agreement between the United States, Australia and the United Kingdom, which seeks to enhance cooperation between the three allies in artificial intelligence, quantum technology, cyber and other areas.

The AUKUS agreement replaces the পরিকল্পনা 66 billion deal the United States plans to build a fleet of nuclear-powered submarines for the Australian military and in 2016 for submarines hit by Australia and France.

Beijing has condemned the alliance, which is seen primarily by Western allies as a response to China’s increasingly strong moves in the Indo-Pacific region, such as the construction of artificial islands in the South China Sea and ongoing military buildup.

Read Also:  The Lakers say they are creating a vintage championship contender

China has condemned the alliance as “extremely irresponsible” and said it could “severely damage” tensions and peace and stability in the Indo-Pacific region.

This was the 16th round of negotiations, known as the US-PRC Defense Policy Coordination Discussion. The last round was held on January 1 last year during the administration of former President Donald Trump.

Miners called the talks “an important element of the Biden administration’s efforts to responsibly manage the competition between the United States and the PRC.”

According to White House officials, President Joe Biden acknowledged in a phone conversation with French President Emmanuel Macron on September 22 that further talks with the French government could take place before the new agreement is announced.

“The two leaders agreed that the situation would benefit from open discussions between the allies on the strategic interests of France and our European partners. President Biden has reiterated his ongoing commitment in this regard.

According to the readout, Biden reaffirmed the “strategic importance of the French-European partnership in the Indo-Pacific region.”

Nick Seolino and Reuters contributed to this report.

Isabel van Brugen

Reporter

Follow

Isabel Van Brugen is an award-winning journalist and currently a reporter for The Epoch Times. He holds a Masters in Journalism from the City, University of London.

.

This News Originally From – The Epoch Times

World Nation News Deskhttps://www.worldnationnews.com
World Nation News is a digital news portal website. Which provides important and latest breaking news updates to our audience in an effective and efficient ways, like world’s top stories, entertainment, sports, technology and much more news.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here