The latest update to the Samsung phone operating system has brought a host of new features. The list is quite extensive and, on this occasion, also includes improvements in identification methods.
Adds alternative appearances to facial recognition
One of the identification systems that Samsung offers is facial recognition. This allows us to unlock not only our phone but also other applications in complete safety, without leaving any doubt that it is us. For this reason, many services have already integrated them into their identification systems. However, these sometimes fail when we cut our hair or put on glasses. If you don’t want to change your building photo, you now have the option to add alternative appearances that allow you to unlock your phone with or without glasses. We’ll tell you how.
- To add new appearances, we must access the settings of our Samsung phone.
- Once we enter the settings we must find the “Security and privacy” option
- In this section we find a series of options including “biometric data”.
- Enter the new menu to access the “Face Recognition” section
- To make sure it is us, we will be asked to enter the PIN.
- We must remember that to activate biometric data as an identification system we also need a PIN.
- Once we access the menu, click on “Add alternative appearance”
- A circle will appear on the screen in which we must frame our face so that it can be properly scanned and registered by the application.
- If the conditions are not optimal, the assistant will give us the precise instructions to complete the procedure successfully.
- Once our face is registered again, we can unlock our mobile simply by holding the camera in front of us.
We can either navigate through the menus or perform a search directly by typing “face recognition” directly in the search bar at the top of the screen. We can also change the registered image at any time, calling both the main image and the alternative appearance in the same way.
This setting also works when the phone is used by two users. This would allow us to add a new face to unlock the phone. The same thing happens with fingerprints, where we can not only add the prints of several of our fingers but also register those of other users. This gives you access to all stored content and allows you to verify your identity to access the Services. But most of all it is very useful for those people who alternately wear glasses or a hat, change their hairstyle or put on makeup to give the impression that they have become different people. Something that makes it easier to access your mobile phones, regardless of what they currently look like.