Prevent wasps from getting close to your food Enjoying your meals outdoors without worry can be crucial. Wasps are attracted to sweet smells and tastes.This includes a variety of foods and beverages that we typically consume at picnics, barbecues, or outdoor gatherings. For this reason, it is important to know how to behave in the event of a possible “siege”, especially in the summer.
Five tips to avoid wasps in your food
- Use lids and covers: Covering food with lids, netting, or napkins can be an effective way to prevent wasps from getting there. Make sure your harness is fully closed when not in use.
- Setting up wasp traps: You can use special wasp traps that will attract and catch these insects. These traps often contain sweet liquids that attract the wasps and then catch them.
- Clear away sweet foods. Wasps are attracted to sweet foods and beverages such as soft drinks, juices, jams, and ripe fruits. Keep these foods away from the area where you eat or store them in airtight containers.
- Avoid spills: Clean up spilled sweet food or drink immediately. Wasps can detect even small amounts of sugar and are attracted to residue.
- Don’t leave rubbish out in the open: Be sure to collect all leftover food and trash after eating. Use sealed trash bags to prevent wasps from being attracted to odors.
And beyond, Enjoy your foodeither with family or with friends, because that is the most important thing.