The world’s largest hydrogen electric plane marks a step forward for sustainable aviation, A 19-seat Dornier 228 equipped with a prototype hydrogen-electric powertrain completed a 10-minute flight from Cotswold Airport. United Kingdom,
(Also Read: UK To Ban Use Of Various Plastics From October: They’ll Start With Cutlery)
According to ZeroAvia, the powertrain was powered using ‘.Compressed gaseous hydrogen produced with an on-site electrolyzer,
The test configuration consisted of two fuel cell stacks and a lithium-ion battery pack placed in the cabin for testing. Even then, For commercial use, they will be moved to outdoor storage to make room for seating.,
In addition, it was mated to the stock Honeywell TPE-331 engine in the right wing. For standby power during takeoff and safety redundancy,
(See also: The flight turned out to be an odyssey: there were fights, deliveries, injuries and mechanical failures.)
More about Hydrogen Electric Aircraft
- It was part of the HyFlyer II project, a research and development program funded by the UK government. Which works to make small planes better for the environment.
- zeroavia says The technology is on track to be certified this yearWith the trade routes planned till 2025.
read this also
- Company working on 2-5 MW powertrain program which will scale up the technology for airplanes up to 90 seats,
- aims to expand for narrow body aircraft in the next decade.
- Amazon has invested in the company cAs part of its Climate Commitment Fund.