Refugees in the United States who are in the process of asylum can make Applying for your work permit under the new terms Which substantially modifies the requirements established by former President Donald Trump.
In this article we tell you What are the novelties and benefits of these new details For those who wait in the United States for their asylum cases to be resolved and need to find work.
What are the changes to the asylum process for immigrants who want to request a work permit?
Amendments to the work permit application process bring many benefits for immigrants awaiting answers to their asylum petitions.
- The application will be free of cost so the individual will not have to pay the $85 amount for the biometric test.
- The form itself is simple and short.
- Waiting time to apply for work permit is reduced: if USCIS accepts asylum petition You can apply for work permit after 150 days And those who have open process in court will have to wait 180 days to request that permission.
- Government must process your request and respond within 30 days,
- If there is an appeal in the United States as part of the asylum application process, permit remains valid,
With these amendments, the process of accessing job offers under legal terms is a bit quicker, which greatly helps immigrants entering that country.
Another new aspect is that those who do not enter the country through regular ports of entry can also benefit from these provisions, which also benefits rafters in requesting their work permits.
The measure comes into force at a time when the number of immigrants from the southern border of the United States is high.
How to apply for a work permit in USA?
These can be done online in the section defined for this on the website of the request USCIS
We recommend you: