Sunday, May 28, 2023

This is the sales data for CPU, GPU and SSD according to Puget Systems

The trend data for the guys from Puget Systems for 2022 in terms of their products is really interesting. They have already entered the year 2023 and wanted to make statistics and graphs after the Christmas sales period, and the results in some cases are truly incredible. They will be divided at various points, but in general we will see Sales, for the time being, for CPU, GPU and SSD.

We do not want to be surprised that there are a few surprises, but it is true that the introduction of certain products has changed some trends in companies. It is important to see how users evaluate the fact that they have to buy one or other products, so without further ado, let’s see how it was last year.

CPU, GPU and SSD sales in 2022 for Puget Systems

Let’s start with processors and the first thing to say is that they are divided into two types known as clients and workstations. That is, Core and Ryzen vs. Threadripper and Threadripper PRO teams vs. Intel Xeon.

The graph above shows the first case where AMD dominated with Zen 3 for almost all of 2021 and where Gen 11 did not convince Intel. But Gen 12 coming out with Alder Lake and the tables were completely reversed, so much so that the blue giant ended 2022 with a share of sales of more than 70% compared to almost 30% for AMD.

Interestingly, Zen 4 and Raptor Lake don’t disrupt those plans, so Intel continues to dominate a similar percentage of customer sales. Back in Workstation, luck is mixed with the blue team, where there is no way they can raise their heads. After the EOL retiring the Threadripper 3000 and replacing it with the 5000, Intel did nothing but lose its share, representing only 5%, while AMD takes the remaining 95%.

Logically, it does not appear on the Intel graphics card

And so it is logical that Puget Systems does not work on them because the market is focused on content, engineering and computing. Therefore, they only have NVIDIA vs. NVIDIA data, specifically, in the GeForce run against the launch range.

It is interesting at this point when it comes to the sisters that the line of professional GPUs is slowly growing against the GeForce client. It went from 90% to 80%, with the professional market accounting for about 20%.

In storage it is a bit complicated, because the systems have one or more ships, so they are divided into two parts. The first look teams up with unity.

As it can be seen, since January 2021 with NVMe almost 60% and SATA above 39%, leaving the magnetic drive just above 1%, it has already progressed to almost 100% for NVMe, an exponential growth that is projected over 21. .

As for systems with multiple drives, the trend of sales in Puget Systems is different, because although NVMe continues to dominate, it is no longer so distant, although it continues to rise. Here we have about 80% of sales while the rest are distributed and fighting between traditional HDDs and SATA SSDs.

Operating System, big surprise

And last, but not least, we have Operating Systems, which are curiously in a full phase of change and trend. Although it might be expected that Windows 10 dominates as the most stable and mature OS, it turns out that Windows 11 has already eaten the ground and is positioned with more than 60% of sales.

Windows 10 is gradually falling apart as its newer sibling takes its place. Yes, it still represents 30%. Instead, Linux remains more or less stable with just under 10% of sales.

And so far the sales data for Puget Systems 2022, where we have seen some very interesting ups and downs, which will certainly give people something to talk about.

World Nation News Desk
World Nation News Desk
World Nation News is a digital news portal website. Which provides important and latest breaking news updates to our audience in an effective and efficient ways, like world’s top stories, entertainment, sports, technology and much more news.
Latest news
Related news


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here