In addition, although there is no set time, it is advised not to rush when submitting a new application. Taking the time to address and correct deficiencies is important, and seeking advice from visa professionals or legal experts is also important.
Marriage fraud is grounds for deportation, and for US citizens, they receive 5 years in prison or a bail of US$200,000.
This will help you resubmit your application in a better way. The application should show many improvements compared to the previous one. This may include stronger documentation, more evidence of links to the country of origin, and a more complete presentation of the purpose of travel.
There are different reasons why people can be rejected for a US visa, because the consular authorities evaluate each case individually. One of the reasons why the visa is rejected is the lack of required documentation, the insufficient showing of a relationship with the country of residence, a long stay in the United States, or criminal records.
Visa approval times vary, but most cases are resolved within 60 days of the interview. It is important to remember that if the visa is rejected, the money invested in the application will not be returned. Paying for a visa does not guarantee its approval.
The American tourist visa is an important document for those who want to vacation in the United States. To obtain this permit, it is important to follow several steps, including filling out the DS-160 form.
Tourist Visa: avoid these mistakes when filling out the application form
Although the tourist visa approval rate in Colombia is high, it is important that Colombians who are interested in knowing this country correctly answer the questions on the form to avoid delays in the process or, in the worst case, not giving permission.
- Low data accuracy. Filling out the form with all the required information is one of the most important steps. Please note that any errors or omissions may result in rejection.
- The misspelling of important information such as name and date of birth This is the basic information of the person making the request, so it is important to fill it out correctly.
- Hide information about past trips to the United States. Any visit to a North American country must be reported on the form, regardless of its duration or age.
- Hide information about links in your country. When applying for a tourist visa, consular officers consider the citizen’s ties to the country, that is, if he has reasons to return. For that reason, it is important to provide information about your work, studies, family, and property.
- Do not provide information about your finances. Another important piece of information is to prove that you have the financial means to cover the expenses of your stay in the United States. Information on income, savings, and sources of financing must be reported to immigration authorities.