- Advertisement -spot_img
Friday, December 3, 2021

Three are accused of conspiracy, robbery in the Walnut Creek burglary; about 87 suspects

MARTINEZ – In the wake of growing outrage over the recent spike in blatant retail theft in the Bay Area, the Contra Costa County Attorney’s Office has charged three people with serious crimes, including robbery, in connection with a weekend burglary in downtown Walnut Creek.

A 30-year-old woman and two men, aged 19 and 32, were charged with conspiracy, robbery, burglary and organized retail theft during a massive burglary in Nordstrom on November 20, which was filmed and widely publicized. Charging protocols say 25 vehicles – many without license plates – were “strategically positioned” in front of the store to provide cover for burglars who rushed in, grabbed whatever they could, and fled.

The indictment documents do not say how the three people were identified as suspects, but they say the group stole nearly $ 100,000 worth of goods in one minute and that four employees were shot with pepper spray. One of the three defendants is charged with possession of a Glock pistol during a burglary.

The charges come following calls for action across California, including from Governor Gavin Newsom, who at a press conference on Monday said city mayors need to “step up” and fight organized retail theft and called on authorities to “lead by example »To those who are guilty. caught.

Read Also:  Non-tenured UC faculty plan 2-day walkout in long-running labor dispute

News of the allegations was announced by Contra Costa District Attorney Diana Beckton’s office, who had also announced hours earlier that she was joining an “alliance” of prosecutors that includes San Joaquin, Alameda, San Francisco, Marin, San Mateo and Santa Clara. … fight organized retail theft in Northern California. San Francisco District Attorney Chesa Boudin called a press conference Tuesday to announce similar robbery charges.

“We are committed to stopping those who engage in organized retail theft, which also has negative and costly consequences for business owners and consumers,” Beckton said in a written statement in a press release.

Mary Knox – the attorney at Becton’s office who is running against her in next year’s election – released a statement Tuesday that the burglary was “completely predictable” under Becton’s supervision, and that Becton did not “publicly condemn violence or organized crime. theft”. “

Prosecutors estimate that about 90 people were involved in the Nordstrom robbery.

World Nation News Deskhttps://www.worldnationnews.com
World Nation News is a digital news portal website. Which provides important and latest breaking news updates to our audience in an effective and efficient ways, like world’s top stories, entertainment, sports, technology and much more news.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -

Leave a Reply