hey people of the country grand strand, it’s me again, Kathy Mandelyour host myrtle beach deli, today is Tuesday, March 22, 2022And here’s what’s happening in this area today.
First, today’s weather:
Clouds and sun time. High: 70 Low: 61.
Attention, Financial Planner & Advisor — We are now offering sponsorship opportunities to local firms interested in building their client base in Myrtle Beach. Click here to know more.
Here are today’s top five stories in Myrtle Beach:
- Tidelands Health reaches a major milestone Monday morning: Zero COVID-19 hospitalization, For for the first time in two yearshospital system is no COVID-19 patients, The first COVID patient treated in the Tidelands was on March 16, 2020, Health Network says it doesn’t mean COVID-19 is completely over, but it certainly is something to celebrate As it looks forward to more and more COVID free day, (wmbf) (wbtw)
- A Lancaster South Carolina woman has died weeks after she was shot on Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach, Horrie County Deputy Coroner McSpadden announced that Rhonda Harris, 38, had been hospitalized since March 1 and died on Friday From gunshot injuries he was a . remained in Shooting near Yachtsman Resort, The case was decided a murder, and Myrtle Beach police are continuing the investigation. (wbtw)
- The body of a 36-year-old man found near Watertower Road has been identified as that of Zachary Sawyer.a person who was About a week ago a two-county car chase led authorities, During that chase, the police ended the chase for security reasons. the police said that Sawyer was considered a risk to himself at the time., Feather FRide, Sawyer were reported missing and troubled. Their The body was recovered later on FridayAnd this The coroner’s office has ruled the death a suicide., (wmbf)
- Law enforcement has issued a citation to Greene’s liquor store in Georgetown after discovering that Tobacco and/or alcohol was sold to underage customers, there were many stores under investigation for violation, but all others were found obedient. There will be a group of law enforcement agencies check out more businesses during the coming weeks. (WPDE)
- McLeod Health has announced that it has amended its visitation policy as a result of Decrease in COVID-19 cases, With immediate effect, the organization Extended visitation for up to four visitors at a time during the normal visiting hours of 6 a.m. to 9 p.m., armpit or visitor passes will be provided as each visitor enters the facility. there are visitors Must wear a facemask and carry your pass or armband with them Every moment. Extended Visiting Policy Applies to facilities at Cheraw, Clarendon, Dillon, Lloris, McLeod Regional Medical Center and McLeod Health Seacoast, Here are the more detailed visitation rules: (WPDE)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is partially brought to you Ring, One Patch Brand Partner, We all know that Ring is the leader in video doorbells for home security. But did you know that Ring now manufactures a home security system that’s getting the buzz from consumer electronics experts?
To learn more about Ring Alarm Pro, the system CNET called “the future of home security,” or to build your own custom system, visit Ring here.
Today in Myrtle Beach:
- Myrtle Beach Spring Job Fair @ DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach (2:00 pm)
- Public Info Forum: Ocean Boulevard Transportation Study @ Ground Zero, 904 Chester Street, Myrtle Beach (5:00 pm)
- Ryan Holcomb @ The Boathouse (5:00 pm)
- Business After Hours @ Neil & Palms Bar & Grill (5:00 pm) Music by Josh Brannan @ 6:00
- Joan Burton @ Daddy’s Pub (6:00 pm)
- Town Council Regular Meeting @ Town of Surfside Beach (6:30 pm)
From my notebook:
- now hiring! there is one Job fair at Doubletree Resort today (see bulletin above), but there are many Grand Strand. Hiring companies in and around Apart from those attending the fair. Check out the latest job listings from Patch and ZipRecruiter! (Myrtle Beach Patch)
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans: Pelicans Are Hiring for Various Game Day JobsBut especially many c. looking to fillonion position, Come work in the ballpark And Apply Online: https://bit.ly/Pelicans_Jobs (Facebook)
- The Humane Society of North Myrtle Beach: volunteers needed for helping us with our aluminum recycling program! Help us convert waste into cash for animals! Can you take a load of cans to our recycling center once a month? We need you! Sign up to volunteer to help! (Facebook)
- Three Grand Strand beaches approved by US News & World Report, news organization released its list Top 10 Beaches in the Palmetto StateAnd it’s no surprise that Pawleys Island, Huntington Beach State Park, and Litchfield Beach Short list made! (WPDE)
- This coming weekend, March 26 and 27 is another busy one on the Grand Strand! Several events are taking place, including: the Town of Surfside Beach’s 11th Annual BBQ Festival which was postponed two weeks ago due to the weather. Celebration Begins with the tradition “Anything But BBQ” on Fridays from 5 – 7 p.m., Other Events on Saturday: Pawpalooza Vendor Fair at PowFaction Grooming; Humane Society of NMB’s Dog Adoption Event at Ripley’s Aquarium; the first annual Family Spring Fest at Market Common; World Down Syndrome Day Celebrations on the Farm, 6791 SC 707 Myrtle Beach; Plays Little River Band (Which Aren’t From Little River, SC!) Only One Night at the Alabama Theater on Saturday night; Long Bay Symphony Celebrates the music of Queen in her show “One Vision” Myrtle Beach High School; and party @ creek 2022 Mojo’s Marina Bar & Grille Murrells Inlet – Proceeds benefit the Annie Banannie Foundation, Feather Sunday is the 8th Annual The Oyster Roast and Bloody Mary contest which was postponed two weeks ago due to the weather. Celebration Grand Strand supports the Humane Society, and it’s happening at Rogue Tuna in Murrells Inlet.
- Saturday, April 9Get ready for some live music, wings, beer, a silent auction and raffles Benefit Help 4 Kids and Backpack Friends, Wing Fling 2022 is happening at The Car Store on Dick Pond Road from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thanks to a reader for bringing this to my attention! (patch)
More from our sponsors — Thanks for supporting Local News!
Loving Myrtle Beach Deli? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
ok good to all of you Tuesday, Everyone. i will see you Wednesday for your mid week myrtle beach deli,
, Kathy Mandel
About Me: The best decision I made was relocating from New England to the Myrtle Beach area a few years ago with my three dogs and three cats. I enjoy my daily walks on the beaches in and around the Grand Strand with dogs, cats, road trips, photography, writing, vegetarian food, live music, cycling and most of all.