- This is shown in traffic data from the Statistical Bulletin of the Port Authority of Valencia (APV) from last month. Valencian ports handled 6,294,649 tons of goods (which represents an increase of 2.09% compared to September 2022)
- For the fourth consecutive month, the volume of sales handled from the facilities in Valencia shows signs of stabilization: an increase in imports (+ 7.76% tons) and a moderate decrease of -4.46% in the number of containers (385,830 compared to 403,843 TEUs. in September last year)
- Rail transport continues to increase and in the first nine months of the year a total of 176,768 TEUs entered and left the Valencian port by rail: they were moved 2,416,344 tons, 6.90% more
- In addition, the number of vehicles carried by rail traffic increased significantly + 267.23%, a figure that confirms the success of the Valenciaport rail expansion plan.
- Ro-ro traffic (short-distance maritime services for rolled cargo) grew at the Valenciaport docks in September by 15.65% reaching 51,221 units.
- Traffic in the Far East area remained stable and the number of containers handled from January to September reached 585,177 TEU (+0.67%). China continues to be the main trading partner followed by the US, while the country that most increases commercial relations with the ports of Valencia is Egypt (+26.77% contents), followed by Vietnam (+24.55% ).
Valencia, October 20, 2023.- Traffic is growing again in Valenciaport. After six months of showing a decrease in records, the Statistical Bulletin of the Port Authority of Valencia (APV) shows positive data in September: The ports of Valencia handled 6,294,649 tons of goods last month – which represents an increase of 2.09% compared to the same month in 2022-.
Similarly, for the fourth consecutive month, the total volume of sales handled from the facilities in Valencia shows signs of stabilization with the increase in imports (+7.76% tons) and a modest decrease of -4.46% in the number of managed containers (385,830). compared to 403,843 TEUs in September last year).
When analyzing the monthly data provided by the Bulletin, it is observed that the increase in traffic in Valenciaport responds to the increase in the management of total sales, with the ‘non-containerized’ registering an increase of 14.47% and the containerized goods an increase of 0. .38%. On the contrary, the tonnage of the bulk handled from the Valencian ports decreased by -8.97% compared to September 202. The records corresponding to the first nine months of the year offer a negative balance of -6.97% compared to those tons handled and -9.96% in terms of containers.
The train continues at full speed
Rail freight transport continues to grow and in the first nine months of the year a total of 176,768 TEUs entered and left the ports of Valencia by rail: 2,416,344 tons were moved, 6.90% more. As a positive fact, in the last twelve months, The number of vehicles transported by rail traffic increased significantly by +267.23%, adding 31,509 more vehicles than in the same period last year. This fact highlights the success of the Valenciaport rail expansion plan and increases the achievement of the goal of 2030 Zero Emissions.
In line with the growth data for rail transport, ro-ro traffic (short-distance maritime services for rolled cargo) grew at the port of Valenciaport in September by 15.65% to reach 51,221 units. Following a constant and rising line, this type of traffic increases up to a total of 10,051,754 tons transported in 2023, 1.71% more than the same period in 2022.
Likewise, the APV Statistical Bulletin also includes a continuous and continuous increase in the movement of cars throughout 2023. Therefore, between January and September, the Valencia and Sagunto docks managed 476,405 units, representing a growth of 18, 62%. This positive trend also continues in the sector of vehicles and transport elements especially the section on vehicles and their parts, which grew by 14.84% in the last twelve months to reach 1,531,043 tons, and to fertilizers which grew by 4.98% (603,093 tons handled compared to 574,470 tons handled during the same period last year).
The number of total passengers (cruises and regular lines) also grew by 19.76% in the last twelve months, representing a total of 747,490 cruise passengers and 758.88 people who traveled on regular lines in the Balearic Islands and Algeria. This month the number of cruise passengers increased slightly in September in the Port of Valencia + 5.06% compared to the same month in 2022.
Egypt leads in traffic growth
Traffic in the Far East area remained stable and the number of containers handled from January to September reached 585,177 TEUs (+0.67%). China is the main trading partner of Valenciaport in 2023 with the handling of 413,445 containers, closely followed by the United States with 269,353; However, the countries that have grown the most in their traffic to Valencia are Egypt (+26.77%), Vietnam (+24.55%) and India (+13.46%). Focusing on the country’s traffic in terms of tonnage, Italy continues as the main trading partner of Valenciaport with 4,966,696 tons transferred this year, followed by China with 4,739,454 and the US with 4,244,923. Egypt achieved a tonnage growth of 29.54% and Nigeria grew again in a month with India at 25.30% and 20.97%, respectively.