LONDON (AP) – British police have announced they will not take any action against Prince Andrew following a review initiated by prosecutor Jeffrey Epstein who claims he raped her.
Virginia Giuffre claims that Epstein sold her to have sex with Andrew in London in 2001 when she was 17 years old and a minor under US law. She is suing the prince in the United States.
Andrew, the second son of Queen Elizabeth II, denies the allegations. He told the BBC in a 2019 interview that he never had sex with Giuffre, saying, “It never happened.”
In August, London Metropolitan Police began investigating allegations of late-convicted sex offender Epstein. Police chief Cressida Dick then said that “no one is above the law.”
The forces said in a statement late Sunday that their “verification is complete and we are not taking any further action.”
He also said he would not take any action on allegations first published by Channel 4 News that Epstein’s alleged accomplice, Ghislaine Maxwell, trafficked, courted and abused women and girls in the UK.
Maxwell, a British socialite, is in US jail awaiting trial on charges that she recruited teenage girls to abuse Epstein.
The security forces said that they continue to liaise with other law enforcement agencies investigating cases involving Epstein.
After weeks of litigation, Andrew’s lawyers admitted late last month that the prince had been officially served with Giuffra’s lawsuit. The prince must submit responses to claims by October 29th.
Andrew, 61, was expelled from public royal duties amid scandal over his friendship with convicted pedophile Epstein, who committed suicide in a federal detention center in New York in August 2019 while awaiting trial on human trafficking charges. the purpose of sexual exploitation.