Registration for the 2024 United States ‘Visa Lottery’ has been open since October, which will allow approximately 55,000 people to obtain documents to legally reside in the country.
If you meet the requirements to sign up, which we explain in this article, you must do so by completing dvprogram.state.gov . online form found, It is important that you note that this is the only possible way to file your request.
Once you enter the page (you should do this through an updated browser because those that are not, for example Internet Explorer 8, can enter problems with the system), You must complete 14 data:
- Name and surname as it appears in your passport.
- Date of birth.
- City Where You Were Born.
- The country in which you were born.
- The country you apply for (Generally this will match your country of birth, but there may be exceptions, for example if you apply for your spouse’s country. We will cover these matters in this link explain).
- Your recent photograph and photographs of your spouse and/or children if they are included in the application. You can see the technical details of the photo here, but in general terms it should meet the same standards as Visa.
- The country in which you currently reside.
- Phone number (optional)
- Email address (it is important that you have direct access and will continue to have this until next year, because if you are selected, you will be sent a follow-up communication for the interview which you will have to do as part of the process).
- You have reached the highest educational level ever.
- Your marital status (If you have a spouse, you will need to enter their information, even if you do not plan to live with or get divorced. You don’t need to add it only once, if your The spouse is a legal resident or US citizen, for which an option is specific).
- Information about your children, whether or not you plan to bring them with you to the United States.
Once you submit the entire entry, you will see a Confirmation screen with your name and a confirmation number that is unique for each case. Keep these data, keep them well, as you need them to access the system where you can check the status of your application and find out whether you were selected when the draw took place.
Deadline to sign up for the ‘Visa Lottery’
You can register until 12:00PM on Tuesday, November 8th, Miami Time. However, US officials advise you not to wait until the last available week as the website may be delayed due to high demand.
Please note that any application made after the deadline will not be considered and only one entry per person is allowed in each enabled ‘lottery’. If you complete more than one, they will all be disqualified,