In the Chamber of Deputies in the Argentine Nation, the fourth intermission is an interruption or suspension of a session. It can be called by the president of the Chamber or any deputy.
This is intended to allow legislators to withdraw from enclosures to rest, eat, or do other activities. In some cases, it allows you to continue negotiations in offices and corridors of the National Congress.
How do I use an intermediate room?
and intermediate room It is implemented through a point of order presented by the president of the House or any representative. The motion must be approved by a simple majority of those present.
How long is the intermission?
The time that a quarter of the intermission lasts is not limited by Argentine legislation. However, the Regulations of the Chamber of Deputies establish in the second paragraph of Article 174 thereof that: “When the House goes into a recess and does not resume the session on the same day, it is de facto adjourned, unless it has decided, by voting, to go into a recess until a certain day. Without prejudice to this, the Parliamentary Work Committee may propose a time limit for the duration of the sessions.”
What are the details of an intermediate room?
In addition to the aspects mentioned above, the intermediate rooms of the Chamber of Deputies have the following characteristics:.
- Deputies can be backed out of the venue during the intermission quarter, but they must be present when the session resumes.
- During the intermission, the Speaker of the House may perform administrative tasks, such as signing documents or calling committee meetings.
- The intermission room may be called whenever in session, even when voting on a bill.
Why are they called intermediate quarters?
Loss intermediate rooms They are called for a variety of reasons, including:
- To allow the legislators GRAB in places to rest or eat.
- To allow legislators to meet their counselors or partners to discuss a particular topic.
- To allow the legislators to prepare for the important vote.
- To allow the Chamber of Deputies to resolve a matter promptly.
The intermediate chambers are a normal part of the function of the Chamber of Deputies. They are a tool that lawmakers can use to accomplish their tasks and ensure productive sessions.