Requirements to obtain citizenship of that country.
one of the maximum wishes of immigrants is to get citizenship American. It is necessary for him to go through certain stages and meet vital requirements.
The first condition is to have a green card, which is an identification document for non-US residents and which enables them to work, Once you have citizenship, you will no longer need this permit.
how to get citizenship
The Curbelo Specialized Law Firm website states that there are various ways to achieve this.
In this option, the legal permanent resident must meet these requirements established by the United States Congress in the Immigration and Nationality Act. these are
– Be over 18 years old.
– Have held a green card for at least five years or at least three years if filing as a spouse of a US citizen.
– Have a basic level of written, read and spoken English. Although there are some exceptions for the elderly or disabled.
– Have a good moral character.
– Have basic knowledge of US and government laws. There are exceptions to this point as well.
, Demonstrate a physical presence in the United States for 30 months during the five-year period prior to the filing of the application. or 18 months during three (3) years in the case of a spouse.
This is an option for children of an American mother and father who have other nationalities. It can also be requested at birth and before the age of 18 years.
The same site indicates that the duration of the process will depend on the particular situation. An immigration attorney will be necessary to guide the process.
change implied by citizenship
US citizen status allows:
Right of permanent residence.
– Operate legally.
– Travel with the passport of that country.
Be eligible for federal jobs.
It also means declaring all taxes on time and following the laws of the land.