Temporary visas are issued that allow foreign workers to work for a certain period before returning to their countries of origin. These visas are good for Mexicans who seek to expand their horizons without the need for a professional degree. The United States Department of Labor has detailed on its website the main temporary jobs for foreigners and their characteristics.
Many Mexicans perform work roles in various sectors of the United States economy. However, among the most in-demand jobs are construction jobs; jobs in the hospitality industry such as waiters, dishwashers, or cooks; gardening and maintenance work; agricultural jobs; roles as packers; as well as positions in the technology field, such as software developers and computer systems analysts.
Official data tells us that almost 63 percent of Mexican immigrants dedicate between 35 and 44 hours a week to this type of work. The main jobs among Mexicans in the United States categories are construction workers and trade specialists (25.6%), service personnel (24.0%), and construction and repair roles (19.0%).
Agricultural Workers with H-2A Visas
The H-2A visa allows Mexicans to work temporarily in agricultural fields. maximum duration is three years, with the possibility of renewal from time to time. An employer in the United States is required to apply.
- Orchard work: This includes tasks such as pruning and tending fruit trees, as well as harvesting crops.
- Agricultural Jobs in General: It covers the agriculture of grains, vegetables, and nuts. Responsibilities range from tilling the soil to fertilizing, using various agricultural tools.
- Harvesting tobacco: Companies are looking for workers to take care of greenhouses,” topping,g,” and participate in the repair process.
Non-Agricultural Workers with H-2B Visa
The H-2BVisasasallow US companies to hire foreign workers for temporary non-agricultural work. This program is designed for people with or without experience, but it is specific, so changing employers without permission is illegal.
- Landscape: Includes forestry and landscaping services, such as laying lawns, pruning, planting, and installing irrigation systems.
- Seafood Processor: The plants hire foreigners for various tasks such as washing, sorting, and loading processed products at sea.
- Construction Jobs: There are a wide variety of opportunities for bricklayers to perform a variety of physical tasks and operate specialized tools.
These visas offer temporary opportunities in various areas, allowing foreigners, such as Mexicans, to contribute to the American workforce. It is important to comply with the requirements established by the department of work, and there is a boss of deer to apply for these visas. Detailed information about available jobs and application procedures You can consult them here.