One of the most frequent questions made by users in Cuba is about the availability of LMD appointments at the Consulate General of Spain in Havana.
One year after the implementation of the Democratic Memory Law, nearly 15 thousand Cubans obtained Spanish nationality through this method. But thousands more continue to wait for a transfer system overwhelmed by demand.
WhatsApp and Facebook groups bring together all descendants of Spaniards in Cuba to inform each other of appointments or any important announcements about procedures at the Spanish consulate headquarters.
According to the consulate itself, only those who already have credentials can request an appointment. In addition, they indicate that only one appointment can be made every six months. Therefore, if you do not go on your date, you must wait at least 6 months to make a new one.
The Cuban Directory was able to verify that, at the time of writing this note, there are LMD appointments open at the Spanish Consulate in Havana between November 6 and 16. For the rest of the month, they have not been made.
Below are other details you should know about LMD appointments at the Spanish Consulate in Havana:
- Credentials never expire.
- Canceling the established appointment is not allowed once you confirm it with your credentials. Before making an appointment, make sure you can attend with all the documents.
- To access the consulate, check your IC number. To be assisted, you must bring your card and the documentation described on the consulate’s website.
- Your turn is personal, non-transferable, and free of charge. Appointments in someone else’s name or with an ID that is not accurate for the appointment will not be accepted. If you would like an appointment for a child, parent, or sibling, please use that person’s credentials.
- Do not share your data. The consulate is under no circumstances responsible for any misuse of your credentials or the resulting financial loss.
The Spanish Consulate in Havana explains that the system always offers appointments in the following way, except for holidays:
- 132 daily appointments on Mondays and Thursdays
- 156 appointments Tuesday and Wednesday
- 102 appointments on Friday.
“To successfully get your appointment, wait until the system responds. Doing continuous recharging will only cause the computer system to block you temporarily,” they warn.