We know that importing cars into Mexico isn’t exactly cheap and while completing the process let’s look at the options However, to save us some money, before contracting any services you must ensure that the person handling your paperwork will be a customs agent.
“There is no other way, it must be through a customs agent, nothing else,” he declared. Carlos Norberto Martinez AlejandriIn Foreign Trade Director of Foreign Trade of LSF Integrators, S de Rl de cv.
During his participation in the program Entre Amigos, from Pravasi ConnectionThe expert recalled that not everyone can import cars to Mexico.
and basically, a customs broker is a person authorized by the secretariat Treasury and Public Credit (SHCP) to promote clearance of goods.
Among the duties of a customs agent are:
- Verify import permit before the Ministry of Economy
- Basic certificate
- Official Mexican Standards (NOM), Country of Origin Marks and others established in Article 162, LA.
How do I know if the person who is dedicated to importing cars into Mexico is a customs agent?
According to Norberto Martinez, for Identify a Customs Agent You need to pay attention to many details, for example:
- should be physical office at customs where they will do the paperwork
- Must be in the register of importers
- they shouldn’t do their procedures on the street
So if an acquaintance offers to process you or someone guarantees that they do not need a customs agent, it is likely that they are scamming you.