A snack with her family ended in a dangerous medical situation when an Australian girl ate a piece of wire in an egg roll with bacon. The minor was taken to the hospital and his mother shared the story to prevent others from suffering the same situations.
Kristen Saunders, a mother from New South Wales, said her 9-year-old daughter had to be rushed to hospital after the child became disoriented and did not recognize her own family shortly after eating an egg. sandwiches and bacon.
“He was chewing and then he started feeling like he was choking … I think like most parents we say, ‘You’re fine, drink some water and it’ll calm down,'” Saunders told ABC .
Although at first he thought it was a simple annoyance, the minor continued to have a sore throat. However, his trusted doctor told them that he only had a fever.
“There was one particular day when I was at home with him and suddenly he was confused to answer questions. I called the doctor and he said to go straight to the hospital,” said the mother.
Upon arrival at the medical center, the minor was stumbling and disoriented, and, after several examinations, they identified that he had brain abscesses caused by a wire bristle from a barbecue hood that had entered his system. by eating with eggs.
The piece of cleaning equipment went through the minor’s esophagus and entered the carotid artery in his neck, where he had to be taken by helicopter to Westmead Children’s Hospital in Sydney for emergency surgery.
The surgical intervention was successful and after several months of treatment, the minor who was hospitalized recovered and returned to his sports activities.
“It’s something that doesn’t happen often, but it happens all the time and I don’t want anyone to have to go through something like this,” Saunders said when the story was shared.
Experts recommend regular inspection of utensils and kitchen equipment to prevent them from sticking to food and leading to health problems for consumers.